About Article: NDLM Courses and their Fees, Training schedule, Syllabus, Eligibility etc.
The Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (DISHA) or National Digital Literacy Mission (NDLM) is a government Scheme whichis provides the knowledge from the new way to the students. This Scheme has been formulated to impart IT training to 52.5 lakh persons, including Anganwadi and ASHA workers and authorized ration dealers in all the States/UTs across the country so that the non-IT literate citizens are trained to become IT literate so as to enable them to actively and effectively participate in the democratic and developmental process and also enhance their livelihood.
Altogether 52.5 lakh persons, including Anganwadi and ASHA workers and authorized ration dealers will be trained under the programmed in two phases. In the first phase, 10 lakh.
Beneficiaries will be trained under the scheme. Nine lakh beneficiaries will be eligible for training fee support from the government. The rest 100,000 beneficiaries will be trained by the industry and civil society partners.
Appreciation of Digital Literacy
To make a person IT literate, so that he/ she can operate digital devices, like mobile phones, tablets, etc., send and receive emails and search Internet for information, etc.
The eligibility criteria for get the knowledge by this firm and make the career. The criteria are:
Non-IT literate – Illiterate
Age: 14 to 60 years
20 Hours (Minimum 10 Days and Maximum 30 Days)
Medium of Instruction
Official Languages of India
For SC/ ST/ BPL Households, no training fee payable and for General candidates, course fee of Rs. 125 applicable.
Place of Learning
The eligible households can nominate one person from their family. The selected person to get himself enrolled under this programmer in a nearest Training Centre/ Common Service Center (CSC).
Independent external evaluation will be conducted by a National level certifying agency like NIELIT, NIOS, IGNOU, HKCL, ICTACT etc.
The beneficiaries fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be selected. PMU shall develop an Online Monitoring Application (OMA) cum Learning Management System (LMS). The identified Training Partners and their Training Centers shall be registered on the OMA. The selected beneficiaries shall be registered on the OMA-cum-LMS by the Training Centers. The trainers will use the LMS to train the beneficiaries and their learning will be tracked centrally. Some of the salient features of the OMA-cum-LMS include:
The training process can be classified into two categories:
- Registration – Eligible beneficiaries will be registered on an online portal by the training centers.
- Training – The registered beneficiaries will be provided a unique Username and Password for online training where besides basic level IT Literacy, the trainees will also be trained to effectively interact with the Govt. System and access G2C & B2C services.
The Training Partners shall appoint the Training Centers in the selected Gram Panchayat with the minimum human, technical and infrastructural requirement. They are obliged to meet the following criteria:
- A training centre must be part of a registered organization in India with proven training and facilitation credentials in the domain of education/ IT literacy
- After all the documentation is completed by Training Partner, a Screening Committee constituted by NDLM PMU will visit the Training Centre and on receipt of satisfactory report of the Screening Committee, accreditation will be granted.
Role of Training Centers
The training centers are responsible for the following:
- Selecting the beneficiaries eligible under the project and enrolling them for the course
- Imparting the appropriate training course to beneficiaries eligible under the project, including providing course materials
- Registering the beneficiaries, marking the attendance, and conducting the continuous assessment using the OMA-cum-LMS
- Keeping a record of all beneficiaries that enroll in the course, certifying their attendance and ensuring that the beneficiary appears for the examination.
After the completion of training, the trained candidates shall have to undergo a term-end online examination at a centre of the certifying agency.
The training would be imparted through modules covering various subjects under digital literacy. The details of the modules are as below:
Appreciation of Digital Literacy
|Module No.||Module Name||Learning Hours|
|1.||Introduction to Digital Devices||2|
|2.||Operating Digital Devices||4|
|3.||Introduction to the Internet||2|
|4.||Communications using the Internet||6|
|5.||Applications of Internet||6|
Objective and True or False questions will be asked during the examination.